Built for exploration and adventure.
The Travel Stove is the largest sized version of our portable stoves. It is built specifically to be lightweight and minimalistic in nature, yet capable of cooking for multiple people. Although it is simple, it is packed with features. A few of the notable features are:
- Spacious 6″ Wide X 8″ Long footprint when assembled
- When packed the Travel Stove takes up a VERY small footprint.
- Tool-Less assembly creates a rigid interlocked stove
- Stainless Steel Slats and Stainless Cook Top are standard for BOTH Models
- Mild Steel version has mild steel bottom, sides, front and rear but has stainless slats and cook top
- Optional Stainless Upgrade for the sides, front and rear, and bottom.
- Includes 2X Stainless Forks, One Stainless Spatula, and One Stainless hook tool
The TS is built to get you out and into your adventure.
Laser Cut Components, easy assembly, unique elegant design are all traits of this portable stove. The TS is packed with the same features as the Travel Stove Lite and Backpack Stove. The TS is designed to be packable and transportable through any terrain and condition.
The Travel Stove Portable Stove is built to take you to the next levels of your adventure.
|Backpack Stove Size
||8″W X 8″ L X 6″ H
||Bare Mild Steel or 304 Stainles
||Approximately 5.5 Pounds
||16 GA Steel
What size portable stove is best for my needs?
- Answer: That depends on the end use, but to boil it down: The Backpack Stove is for a single person that needs the most portable stove in our lineup. The Travel Stove Lite is meant for vehicle transportation. The Travel stove (the largest of the three) was really designed with vehicle travel in mind. For multiple people looking for a compact stove, the Travel Stove MAY be the better option. It comes down to your end use and the size needed to accomplish your mission.
How much does the Travel Stove Weigh?
- Answer: The Travel Stove weighs approximately 5.5 pounds fully assembled.
Is the Travel Stove Manufactured in the US?
- Answer: Yes! Our products are produced in SE Pennsylvania. Made with care, built for adventure.
Stainless Steel or Mild Steel?
- Answer: Yes! Ok, seriously: It really depends on the end user’s preference. Stainless does have some unique cooking considerations and requires a bit more finesse. Mild steel can be treated much like cast iron. It needs seasoned and well cared for to avoid rusting. Stainless will avoid the rust and corrosion. Stainless does come at a higher price point, but its resistance to rusting and corrosion may be worth it depending on your needs.
- The Mild Steel will rust over time unless treated. For folks looking to avoid Patina, we recommend a high heat resistant spray paint on NON-COOKING surfaces. Cooking surfaces should be seasoned and kept out of rain or moisture to avoid rusting.
- Stainless steel will not corrode like the mild steel, but it will discolor over time depending on heat introduced. This is normal.
What is the expected lifespan of the Travel Stove?
- Answer: Everything has a service life. With that being said, under normal conditions the Backpack stove is designed for many, many years of use. For most people, this stove will last their lifetime if cared for properly. Lifespan will depend on the conditions in your area, the fire size and heat introduced to the firebox, and how the firebox is cared for over time.
Will the Travel Stove Warp?
- Answer: It is normal for steel to see some movement when heated extremely hot. However, the TS is designed in such a way as to limit or eliminate entirely the warping from heat. The interlocked design creates a very rigid stove that resists even extremely hot fires. We do recommend keeping fires reasonable and only adding enough wood in order to cook successfully.
Can the portable stoves be used during burn bans?
- Answer: That will entirely depend on your location and local laws. We would recommend researching your local burn ban laws prior to purchasing this product as it may not be legal to use in your area. The Portable Stoves ARE designed to fully contain your fire so they MAY meet requirements for use even during certain fire bans. This will vary and it is your responsibility to do your research. Always be safe with fire!
A Few Other Considerations Before Purchasing:
1.) Campfires CAN be dangerous. If is your responsibility to create fires responsibly and to follow your local laws and guidelines in your area
2.) The metal sides and bottom of our portable stoves and its accessories will get VERY hot during use. Serious burns can occur if used improperly. NEVER light fires around unattended children.
3.) Our Portable Stoves have multiple pieces and components. Be careful to not lose any pieces during transportation and setup.
4.) Never burn plastics, foam, or anything but wood or charcoal. Plastics release toxic chemicals that can stick to the metal for some time, releasing gross gasses that are unhealthy. Wood or charcoal only.
5.) Treat the portable stoves like any other pan or cooking ware. Cooking surfaces MUST always be clean and free of rust or old food. Clean cooking surfaces with warm water and dish soap.
6.) If you have ANY questions or concerns at all, discontinue use and contact us with questions at CS@Landtyrn.com.